Should I use embedded or external database?
Use embedded database when:
- You don't want (or don't know how to) deal with database.
- Few millions of records of log is enough for you to keep handy.
- You don't expect heavy queries by many users.
- You don't intend to scale up and share database.
- You don't intend to use data by directly accessing database.
Use external database when:
- You already have database and comfortable with using it.
- Volumes of data are high (>2 millions records) or can't be predicted.
- You expect often queries by more than 3-5 users at once.
- You intend to scale up and share database amongst several logFaces servers.
- You intend to use data by directly accessing database without using our client.
- You will administer your database yourself.