Upgrading clients to v4.3.1
Clients v4.3 are upgraded automatically from "Help/Check for updates" menu.
Clients prior v4.3 should be upgraded as follows.
- Backup workspace with "File/Export Workspace To File". The workspace contains local settings and can be restored if needed.
- Download latest client version
- Run installer over current installation or choose different directory for fresh installation (preferred).
Upgrading servers to v4.3.1
To be on the safe side, keep a copy of current logFaces server installation directory before you proceed with updates.
If server has public internet access - use the admin. This process is automated and takes only a few moments. Make sure that after upgrade server version is 4.3.1, otherwise download this file, replace it in /bin directory on your server installation and retry the upgrade.
If server doesn't have public internet access do the following:
- Stop logFaces server if running
- If using installer, let it handle the update. Don't register as service on Windows, go to step 4
- If using archived distribution, remove /lib and /admin directories from existing installation and unzip the archive over current installation directory. Configuration files will be safe.
- Start logFaces server